**UPDATE: This BETA is closed to new testers. Please enter your email to be notified when we release this pattern! Thanks! - Molly**
BETA Tester Instructions
This simple-to-sew skater dress falls slightly above the knee, is designed for stretchy fabric and has cap or long sleeve options. It also includes pockets! It makes a quick and easy back-to-school sewing project!
This pattern has not yet been released. I am sharing a preview of the projector version for a short time to allow you to give feedback on how it works with your projector. Please download this pattern, display it on your projector, and tell me what you love and what you think I can add, change, or improve to make it better. Please email your comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Skater Dress BETA"
Written instructions are not available yet. It is assembled very much like this dress, just without the skirt gathering if you intend to sew this pattern:
I'm always happy to help if you have questions as well - just email me! :)
This pattern includes
- Layers so you can turn sizes and calibration grids on and off
- Large margins so you don't have to edit the PDF to be able to scroll
- Large, clear text
- Easy-to-see pattern shapes
- A grid that matches up with a 24in x 36in cutting mat
- Cap or long sleeve options and pockets
- Sizes 2T - 14 Kids (Size Chart)
This pattern is in PDF format and will need to be opened on a computer in Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free program) and connected to your projector.
You can get it here if you don't have it (*note: you do NOT need Pro for this): https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Tips for using this projector pattern:
1. Use the lighter side of your mat - it will make the pattern pieces appear brighter
2. In Acrobat Reader, go to "View"> "Show/Hide" > "Navigation Panes" > "Layers" and select the eye icon next to the sizes to turn them off. You can also turn off the grid using this method.
3. Use the zoom on Acrobat Reader so when projected, each of the squares measures 1 in. x 1 in. and matches up with the 24 x 36 grid on your cutting mat. Once you have done that, you can scroll however you need to display more pieces. You can also turn off the grid after that point using the method above.
Thank you in advance for your help testing this new pattern!!! -- Molly