What can you make for Father’s Day that will make him smile and maybe not cost an arm and a leg?
Here is one of my new favorite craft ideas using cheapy-cheap dollar store finds. Make stack of custom photo covered notebooks! (By the way…this one is a great universal gift for just about anyone and any occasion. :))
I found these cute little notebooks (you know, the size that fits perfectly in your purse) at the Dollar Tree around the corner from where we live. They come in a pack of 4 or 5 for…you guessed it… one buck!
(I also used some super- inexpensive photopaper I got there. I think next time I would probably just use the good stuff for this project since you can actually make a bunch from just one 8.5 x 11 sheet of photopaper.)
You will also need a glue stick and a hole punch-y tool. Mine is the Instant Setter Set from Making Memories – this is one of those tools I use for tons of paper crafting projects because it has it’s own little mat, storage box, and different tools tops – I recommend it highly! Also, have a pair of pliers handy to undo the little stopper bend on the wire and put one back when you are done. I used a small set of needle nosed ones I use for jewelry making.
How to make a DIY Custom Photo Book:
1. Carefully remove the wire and cover
2. Cut out the picture, using the over as a template, then glue the picture to the cover
3. Punch your holes, using the original holes as a guide
4. Replace the wire and re-crimp
5. Make like 5 more for yourself — I love seeing my favorite pics every time I have to jot down a note!