I’m so excited to share this with you guys! Here is a cute little print, cut, and glue together card that makes a sweet valentine, or a perfect “thinking of you” card for a bestie. This makes a 5inch by 5 inch card.
What you will need:
- The printable file.
Click Here for the free printable. Save this file, then print it on white cardstock.
- 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 cardstock – one should be plain white, the other can be plain in a complimentary color. I used one called Snowcap that is 65 pound weight. I also used one from a cardstock stack of Martha Stewart “Brights” for the folded side of the card.
- a Glue stick or liquid glue and a brush
- Foam Dots for photo mounting or foam tape. This gives the cutouts height.
How you make the card:
1. Print the graphic. If you are using your Silhouette machine, make sure that “Show Registration Marks” is selected.
2. Cut it out. If you are using your Silhouette machine, make sure you Automatically detect the registration mark before you cut.
3. Choose and cut out the cardstock that will make up the back of your card. (I have fun with this part, ‘trying on’ lots of different colors from my scrapbook stash!) Add 1/2 inch to one of the dimensions. For this card you need to cut a piece of cardstock that is 5 inches by 5 and 1/2 inches
4. Using a bone folding tool, make a crease at the 1/2 inch mark. Fold over the extra 1/2 inch and apply glue as shown. I used liquid glue for the photo, but a glue stick will work just fine.
5. Attach the front of the card to this little foldover you just covered in glue.
At this point, open the card and press that seam you just glued. Let it dry this way which you attach the other elements of the card.
Take a second once your glue is dry to fold the card and trim off the edges if it looks a bit uneven – this gives a very professional look to your card.
6. Put foam glue dots on the back of each of the pieces as shown and place them on the front of your card. Make sure when you are gluing that items are placed so the card will open correctly…the fold of the card should be on your left side.
That’s It! Give it to someone you love and have fun making another one! 🙂