1. Chinese takeout favor box template. Ours is available for instant download on sale now for $2.49 on Meylah: Chinese Takeout Treat Box Template
3. Your favorite decorative cardstock (we used the DCDM Whimsy Stack for our examples)
4. Boning tool for making the creases and scoring board (We used Martha Stewart’s kit – comes with a scoring board and a boning tool.) If you don’t have a bone folder, you can crease the lines with the edge of a popsicle stick.
How to fold and assemble your box:
1. Cut your cardstock to a size that will fit in your printer. The template we used is designed to work with the standard 8.5 x 11 sized paper that fits in our printer. (tip: please check to make sure your cardstock will work with your printer. If you are using a very heavy cardstock that can’t be fed through your printer, print the template on basic white paper or cardstock and trace it onto your final paper.)
2. Cut around the outside of the box shape. (follow the solid yellow line)
3. Use a bone folding tool and scoring board to trace the dotted lines in the template. Push hard enough to make a crease you can see slightly on the other side, but not so hard you pierce the paper.
4. Fold to connect the dots on sections 1, 2, 3, and 4…